How to hitchhike safely and effectively - practical tips. Everything you need to know before you go on a hitchhiking trip.
Holidays in the Maldives - see what to pack!
- Travel informations
- The most important items to pack
- Packing list
- When to fly to the Maldives?
- Tourist attractions
- On your own or to the resort?
Turquoise water, beaches stretching to the horizon, palm trees and luxury villas - no wonder that the Maldives has been one of the dream holiday destinations for demanding travelers for the last several seasons! In this guide, we've collected some tips for you on how to pack for the Maldives and what to remember to make your trip unforgettable.
|Trip length||7 nights|
The most important items to take with you:
- Cream with a high filter - SPF 30 and 50. Do not let sunburns spoil your vacation!
- Soothing after sun lotion and cream with panthenol - to enjoy a long-lasting tan and alleviate any redness
- Cap or hat and sunglasses to protect your head and eyesight
- If you are planning a trip to the local islands - make sure what swimsuit you need to have, because it may turn out that bikini or boxer shorts are not enough
- If you're planning to dive or go snorkeling, you can pack your own equipment to save some money on renting it
- Masks, antibacterial gel and disinfecting wipes - for the safety of traveling after the COVID-1 pandemic
- Spray suitable for tropical insects such as Mugga
- British type plug adapter - which is the standard in the Maldives
- Health insurance - when traveling to another continent, we cannot use the European Health Insurance Card. It is worth buying insurance for a minimum of 60 thousand euros - the costs of treatment on the archipelago are extremely high.
List of necessary things to pack
- ID card
- Credit card
- Home keys
- Hotel booking confirmation
- Plane tickets
- Travel insurance
- Passport photos
- Pants x7
- Sleepwear / pajamas
- Bikini / swimsuit
- Bra x2
- Socks x7
- Flip-flops / flip flops
- Comfortable shoes
- T-Shirt x5
- Shorts x2
- Trouser belt
- Cap or hat
- UV cream
- Face cream
- 100ml antiperspirant
- 100ml shampoo
- 100ml shower gel
- Hair conditioner 100ml
- Insect spray
- Foundation / BB Cream
- Make-up removal products
- Cotton pads
- Eye concealer
- Crayon / Eyebrow gel
- Eye pencil / Eyeliner
- Lipstick / Lipgloss / Contour
- Prescription drugs and chronic diseases
- Antidiarrheal drug
- Pills for sore throat
- Dressing slices
- Phone charger
- A small suitcase
- Box for glasses
- Luggage tag
- Cotton mask
- Inflatable pillow
- Transparent, closed bag for liquids
- Charger adapter
- Cotton mask
- Antibacterial gel
MALDIVES - GUIDE
When to fly to the Maldives?
- All-year temperatures are around 25 to 30 degrees and the water temperature is around 28 degrees. What makes the individual islands different is the amount of rainfall.
- On the islands around the equator, rainfall can occur throughout the year, but most often we will experience them from November to March. On the northern islands the stormy season lasts from August to November.
- From January to April, we must be ready for the monsoon that brings dry, hot air.
Tourist attractions - what to see?
All archipelago islands are mesmerising and offer beautiful beaches and picturesque views.
If you travel on your own, it is worth going on a day trip to the island where some large hotel is located to give its attractions and amenities a shot. If, for example, we stopped at the resort - we definitely must go to the local island for the day to get to know the Maldives from that side.
Diving, snorkeling and surfing are extremely popular in the Maldives. Around the archipelago there are beautiful coral reefs, which are a must-see when traveling to those regions.
It's really worth trying local cuisine based on fish, seafood and fresh coconuts.
On your own or to the resort?
There are no mandatory vaccinations before traveling to the Maldives, but we recommend investing in the recommended ones - for hepatitis A / B, diphtheria, tetanus and typhoid fever.
Watch out for prices - don't be surprised if you'll need to pay 10 or 12% tax. Interestingly, the Maldives are not particularly expensive - prices are similar to those in larger Eastern European cities. We will pay about EUR 5 for dinner.
You can easily pay in dollars instead of the main currency (Maldivian rupee). However, remember that the conversion rate may be unfavorable for you.
A tourist visa is valid for 30 days, free of charge, at the airport upon arrival.
The Maldives are a paradise on Earth for both fans of luxurious recreation and fans of distant cultures. Flight costs are similar to flights to Thailand, prices are favorable, and the views are unforgettable. Remember that when choosing such a distant travel direction is particularly important to pack in a thoughtful way and remember about visas, insurance or vaccinations. That's why with the MyLuggage application we'll take care of it so that you don't forget anything, and you can focus on your dreams of turquoise water and coconut palms!
25 June 2020