A dream trip around Thailand - Bangkok, Phuket and Krabi
Stunning beaches, delicious food, rich culture and party hot spots - Thailand should be on the list of must-see destinations for every traveler!
||Hostel & Airbnb
||Backpack (15,5 kg)
Luggage or suitcase? Outside Bangkok, Thailand is unlikely to find an elevator. If you are going to visit more than two or three places, a backpack is definitely a better option.
Save space when packing by using our guide.
- Personal ID
- Passport and visa
- Photocopy of passport and visa (it is also good to have an electronic version)
- Payment / credit card (it is worth ensuring SMS password protection)
- Confirmation of booking accommodation
- Plane tickets
- Insurance + GTC in English
- Panties x10
- Socks x10
- Sleeping clothes
- T-Shirt x7
- Shorts x3
- Trouser belt
- Sweatpants (if you travel from Poland on the way from and to the airport it can be cold :))
- Shirt x3
- Fleece / sweatshirt
- Cap / hat
- Comfortable shoes (in which you'll get and come back from the airport)
- Brush and protector
- Shower gel
- Antibacterial gel
- Optional: Dental floss, shaving kit, comb / brush, prescription glasses / lenses + liquid
FIRST AID KIT
- Dressing slices
- A remedy for skin burns
- Antidiarrheal drug
- Vitamins and drugs supporting immunity
- Power bank
- Phone + Charger
- Beach towel
- Pocket knife (not for hand luggage)
- Guide (preferably PDF) and maps (available offline)
- Book / eBook
- Earplugs (in Bangkok they can be useful!)
- Optional: airplane cushion, kidney, small handy backpack, blindfold
- The camera
- Spare battery
- Memory card
Thailand travel guide
Weather in Thailand
First of all - we must remember that each region of Thailand may have slightly different weather conditions. However, the best weather conditions - and the least amount of rainfall - are from November to April.
Thailand has a tropical climate with three distinct seasons. Although there is a specific "rainy season", rainfall is possible at any time of the year, so it's best to be prepared. Seasons in Thailand:
The peak season for tourists usually lasts from November to February, so it will be the busiest and most expensive time to visit.
When and where NOT to go:
Chiang Mai: If possible, avoid traveling from mid-February to early April. This is the "burning" season and the air quality can be very low
Andaman Sea (Krabi, Phi Phi, Phuket, Koh Lanta): The rainy season lasts from May to October
Persian Gulf Islands (Koh Tao, Koh Chang, Phang Nga Samui): Rainfall is heaviest in October and November
What to eat in Thailand
Thai cuisine varies from region to region. Everywhere you will find plenty of delicious dishes to try.
Here are some of our favorite dishes:
- Khao Soi: egg noodles and curry broth with chicken and pickled vegetables, usually found only on the north of the country
- Curry: green, red, yellow - try them all!
- Pad Thai: a favorite travelers dish! Try this noodle dish on the street to get a very cheap and authentic version of this meal
- Tom Kha Gai: Coconut lemongrass soup with chicken
- Tom Yum Goong: hot and sour seafood soup
Vegetarian food in Thailand:
Traditional Thai dishes are often cooked with fish sauce, oyster sauce and lard. Eggs are common in many dishes and even if it is not a meat dish, it's not uncommon to find small pieces of meat. If you are a vegetarian or vegan traveling around Thailand, don't worry! There are many vegetarian-friendly restaurants where it's easier to find the right food.
How much money we'll spend in Thailand?
Thailand attracts tourists with diverse budgets. It's a country where some travelers can easily save their money, while more sophisticated travelers can pamper themselves with luxury. No matter what kind of traveler you are, you will find your own, perfect way of exploring Thailand.
Good to know: usually prices are the cheapest in the north of the country, while on the islands you will pay more.
How to set a daily budget
Low-cost: if you have a tight budget and you are closely watching your expenses, $25-$30 may be enough
Casual: if you want to have several more expensive services and stay in a nicer place, plan a budget of $40-$50 per day
27 January 2019